Saturday, November 3, 2007

The sky's the limit

I don't know what's up with me and the sudden "joining" impulses, I don't think I'm usually such a joiner but last week I signed up for:



It seemed like a fun thing to do, and we really do have some spectacular skies sometimes, I thought it would be fun to share them with people who live in other parts of the world, and probably have very different looking skies on the same day. So this morning I got up remembering that I needed to get a good sky photo.

Unfortunately, while very pleasant temperature-wise, today was one of those hazy days where the sky is really nothing to write home about, nothing special, and certainly nowhere near the spectacular display of fluffy cottonball clouds we had a week ago, when I was motivated to jump on this particular bandwagon. It's actually so hazy that not only can you not see the mainland at all, but at certain points in the day you couldn't even see the horizon. Big whoop-di-doo for my first official Saturday Sky pic, right?

But then it ocurred to me, that what I take for granted, might actually be interesting to someone else. That if you don't live in a place where you can see the ocean meet the sky, it might never occur to you that they could completely blend until there was no line between. So here it is:



And truly, there is ocean on the bottom edge of that photo. I went back outside later in the day and took a different shot. In this one you can see the shading in the water.



Lest you think I joined the Saturday Sky ring just to improve my chances of making it through NaBloPoMo (will somebody puh-leeze tell me how to pronounce that so it doesn't sound dirty?), I will swear on the FSM's noodly appendage that I signed up for the ring last weekend. And I just heard of NaBloPoMo on November 1st in David's post on the Sweater Project.

But here's a piece of that fabulous inspirational sky from last weekend, and a funky plant my friend showed me the night before:



Now that's worth sharing!

No comments: