Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Magic Scarf grows up

What was just a baby on October 17th:



Has now become a full adult, ready to go forth and impress the world with it's loveliness:



And be modeled by headless women:



Yesterday I finished Crazy Aunt Purl's Magic Scarf and I absolutely love it. I would definitely use this pattern again, and I can easily see how adaptable it is. I showed the work in progress to someone recently and we discussed how the stitch pattern and some bulky pastel yarn could be perfect for whipping up a fast baby blanket. (A useful thing when you live in this town, where the kids almost seem to outnumber the adults, and baby showers happen with amazing frequency. You really want to consider that before you drink the water or sit on the toilet seats. I'm just sayin'.)

One last close-up of the magic:


(Don'tcha wish your scarf was magic like mine? I know you do!)

No comments: