Friday, November 23, 2007

From NaBloPoMo to MyExHeMo

In the next week I plan to:
  • Memorize a big stack of questions and answers about 19th century European Art History
  • Complete chapter 16 of Research Methods in Psychology
  • Complete unit 11 in Statistics

If all of these take place (and I have no reason to think they won't), in one week's time I will end NaBloPoMo and begin MyExHeMo. Known by it's full name - My Exam Hell Month. I'll be happy to share more exciting details as they occur. Should be just one big whoopee fun time!

In knitting news, the other night I added more to the stash in my Ravelry notebook. And before you go look at the new additions, I wish to explain that I did NOT purchase this yarn, it was given to me in a big bag of mixed yarn from someone who was moving. (And it took a lot of guts for me to put it out there.) I've listed it under "will trade/sell" and I REALLY mean that. Like as in I trade you all four jumbo skeins of this for one skein of superwash wool? So that said, I should probably save you the trouble of checking Ravelry:



Okay? 'Nuff said. Let's move along.

I finished yet another hat.


(Wow, deja vu moment - have I said that before?) If this is getting a little tedious to you - imagine what it feels like on my end. I love my hats, I love my hat pattern. But I'll be damned if I can face knitting another one of these without some kind of break or variation. I thought of doing a quick pair of wristies - and I could use them - but I can't get my hands on any decent yarn locally. I still have a couple skeins of the beloved Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride I purchased at the Slipt Stitch, and I really want to them to be hats, but it is so definitely time for a change. I've joined a hat lover's ravelry group and I'm cruising patterns for inspiration. More hat updates soon. ('Cause I just know you are waiting with bated breath!)

1 comment:

Logan said...

I would just go with donating it.

As soon as I get home, I'm clearing out all my horrible cheap yarn which I've been accumulating over the past two years and sending it to somewhere that isn't my house.