Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just one click away from the funny farm

I spent my Saturday night pretty much as you'd expect for a hot, single gal like me - in my plaid jammies on the couch with my Macbook. (Hello HGTV - can't miss that Design Time Saturday night lineup.) Anyway, I spiffed up the blog a bit, adding some buttons and rearranging a few minor things. Even figured out how to add a little text when you rollover the buttons - try it out and let me know what you think. In the process I also learned what NOT to do in Blogger.

When you are setting up an HTML/Javascript widget (such as a button) and you are in the window where you add the actual code, do not, I say DO NOT, click the tab for "Rich Text". If you are foolish enough to wander away from the safety of your familiar html code window for the potentially greener pastures of "Rich Text" you will pay dearly. I know, I know, you might be curious. And what did curiosity kill? Mmhmm - that's what I'm talkin' about. Let me just nip your little flower of curiosity in the bud.

If you click that tab - Madness will ensue and a torrent of unladylike language will spew from your lips. Large quantitites of fortifying alcoholic beverages will be immediately required to medicate this condition.

Yep, that's right. One click will fuck up your code in strange and mysterious ways.

You have been warned.

No comments: