Thursday, February 14, 2008

Death by hat



Yes, it finally happened.  I went overtown yesterday to take a Psych midterm and when I returned, Death was waiting for me.  And this is how I knew:


The nice lady at the post office wished me a cheery "Happy Valentine's Day!"  It's not her fault, she really had no way to know that instead of candy, jewelry, or something special from a significant other, she was handing me Death in a small padded envelope. 

Warm, wooly, pretty death!  With extra prezzies! 



The color is gorgeous and it fits my pointy little head perfectly too!  My assassin added some soft white alpaca trim and it really just makes the hat.

Actually, as assassins go, I think mine is awfully cool.  (And I'm not just saying that 'cuz I've got stylin' skullhead keys!) I mean, anyone who can simultaneously wish you happiness, love, stars, kittens, flowers, etc., AND Death - obviously has their priorities in order, doncha think?



Of course, she has very interesting job, likes scifi and fantasy including Doctor Who and Forever Knight (ohmigod do I miss that Nick & Natalie), crochets, and knits some amazing hats.  But you don't have to take my word for it, check out her blog, Deep Space Knit.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she joins me on the other side. There's plenty of us here, it's a big ole zombie bash! 

1 comment:

Lia said...

Funny!! lol

I just saw your comment about the cabled beret, I think I can help you, as I already did mine:
Turn from 6 to 8 needles on the increase round.

CKD: The idea is to leave the 'central' stitch in the front. I knit differently, but this explanation helped me to figure it out.

Are you at Ravelry.com? Well, I added the following comment in my beret:

There is 2 small problems in the pattern: 1st at the increase cable, that should explain we must make KFB + k1 from needle in front, then KFB + K1 from needle in back.

2nd at round 9 of crown decrease: It’s not possible to do K4, P1, K1, P1 because of the previous CKD. So it would be K all the round, which I did.

Despite that, it’s a beautiful project, really comfortable to use.

--|--|--|--|--|--
Well, hope it helped you!! :-D
Hugs...