Friday, May 30, 2008

It put a spell on me...

I am generally known as a fairly thrifty person.  So much so, that I always figured on my tombstone there'd be an image of a fist squeezing a dollar bill so tight that the face of George Washington would be screaming for mercy. But when some nutjob in the government decides that the cure for our economy is to start giving away money so that we can all spend more money - well, who am I to complain?  For that, I think I could loosen the purse strings a little.

And I did:
 

Hazel Knits in Denim Blues.  Nothing frivolous though, this actually quite practical.  After all, in my current life (and hopefully in any future life), I can wear jeans almost every day. I really enjoyed knitting my Purty Purple Rogue Socks with Hazel Knits and I think a large part of the reason they turned out so well was that I was using such nice yarn.

But then there's this:


It's Hazel Knits Alki Reflection.  Although I lust for almost all the colorways, the desire for this one just haunted me.  I wanted it, and I could not explain why.  No logic, no reason, just want.  No idea what it would knit up like, just want. No clue what it would go with, just want. 

What it would go with?!??


Anything...

2 comments:

Wendee said...

You crack me up! You might want to start saving now for the Laguna show - I'm bringing up to 100 rogues + the full line....

pocketsize said...

You can never go wrong with something like jeans. I can't wear jeans to work, I need to go more formal, and it is such a shame.
I checked Hazel Knits, and it is full of beauty! I particularly like Baroness, even if I will never be able to wear it. Such vibrant and beautiful colours!