Monday, March 16, 2009

The stash burped

Just recently after seeing the photo of my Stitches West haul which included some Cascade Fixation, my friend and fellow blogger beentsy contacted me to say that she had some of that springy cotton yarn she'd love to send on to someone who'd put it to good use. She listed all the different colorways and I replied back saying that I'd love to have the two blue and the two purple and she responded to let me know that they were on their way.

Then the other day I went to the post office and picked up a package.  I recognized the sender's name and location, and thought, "Wow, kind of a big package for four li'l balls of cotton yarn...she musta really wrapped that up good..."

You see what's coming don't you?

I didn't.

She sent me all of it. The whole enchilada.



Uh, hunh - yessirree.  That is eight, count 'em, EIGHT balls of yarn.  The equivalent of up to four pairs of socks. That's like - my whole summer sock knitting right there!

Yes, of course I know you can use that yarn for something other than socks. (And I plan on proving that soon, more on that another day.) But this is me, remember?  She of the sweaty Southern California summers?  I know I will want to knit socks during the season, even when I am too hot to be wearing 'em, and on those days, this may be the only yarn I wanna get near.

Between my Stitches purchases and this, my stash is full to the bursting point.  I already had a guilt thing going about the yarn still lurking in my stash from last year...but now??? Knitting exclusively from stash will be my mantra for the coming months, and clearly, I also need to be knitting more! 

4 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

What a nice friend to send you all of the yarn and what pretty colors too. You are blessed girl and people like you lots. I love the new picture of you on your page too. xxoo

Mia said...

you're gonna be a busy, busy girl :)

Sheepish Annie said...

What a great gift! The mail can be our friend. it doesn't always have to be full of bills. It can be full of yarn!

And burping is a compliment to the chef so I'd say your stash is happy with you right now. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

:) Glad you like them. I hope you have fun knitting up wee cotton socks this summer!