Friday, November 30, 2007

I Did It! (And I'm feeling mighty smug!)

It is a gray, rainy day here on the island but I have the sun shining in my heart. Because today is November 30, 2007 and I DID IT!



Yeppers - thas' right - 30 posts in 30 days. National Blog Posting Month is over and I have met the goal. I don't even care if I get a prize, I just feel great that I actually accomplished it. (Eden, if you are reading this, please disregard the first part of that sentence, I want my prize!) I'm not particularly fond of any of the "I Did It" participant badges I've seen so far (the Pillsbury Doughboy? WTF??) but the one above wins hands down in the cuteness category. Later tonight, or maybe over the weekend I'll surf around to see if I can find one I like better to place in the sidebar, or maybe I'll get creative and make one. (But don't hold your breath - lately the creative urges have been less about Photoshop, and more about pointy sticks and wool.)

I actually woke up this morning feeling quite smug. Some of that may have been the result of getting the closest thing to a decent night's sleep in a while. But much more of it was probably due to having the foresight to haul the trash cans down to the sidewalk and park my vehicle a few blocks away on Thursday evening before dark. This stroke of brilliance meant that on Friday morning, instead of leaping out of bed before 8am to put out other people's trash (a lifelong ambition) and racing to move my vehicle to the opposite side of the street before the arrival of Tammy The Ticket Lady (who is just way too good at her job), I was able to lie comfortably in my warm bed, listen to the rain, and feel smug.

Just so we're clear, I am quite aware that an excess of smugness may very well be followed by some universe-delivered, gi-normous smack upside the head. And I'm ready. But if the universe could just wait a few weeks and let me wallow in this for a little while, I'd really be quite grateful.

1 comment:

Logan said...

Awesome, now you're ready to take a shot at NaNoWriMo!