Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Three Good Things

I was working on a little home repair project today and it wasn't going as I expected so I was in a bit of a funk. I headed down to the hardware store for advice and supplies and as I walked past a row of display windows, one caught my eye:



Something about a little flash of pale pink in the corner seemed oddly familiar:



1) Yup! The baby blanket I knitted for the annual pre-school auction was included in the display advertising the event. And whoever put together the window was even thoughtful enough to drape the blanket so the little tag with my name on it was showing. How sweet!

2) I got an email from Stella, telling me that her random number generator had selected me as the winner of some yummy looking yarn. It's going to be a challenge deciding what to make with it, but I'm certainly not going to let it disappear into the depths of the stash. This will have to go to something good.

3) A friend called me this evening and asked me to dinner. Instead of nuking something out the freezer and fending off the cat while I ate it, I had a decent glass of wine, tasty food, and good company. Dinner was followed by a brrrrrisk walk, so I'll be ready to turn in early tonight.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Wow! You live in Avalon! Cool. I spent alot of my youth there. My Dad had a boat and we used to sail over there during the summer.

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
Yes, the silver at the top of my Noro cardi is a vintage silver pin.