Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A novel idea

Thanks to Threading Water for sharing this quiz.  It's more interesting than some of the others I've seen.




You're The Sound and the Fury!

by William Faulkner

Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing.

Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Not sure how I feel about this, but it's okay with me if people think I'm brilliant.

4 comments:

Logan said...

Oh my god that was awful.

I got stuck on the last question, which was "Who forbids your love?" I clicked "Society" and it gave me Lolita. I went back and hit the other choice, "Your desired lover," and I got Love in the Time of Cholera.

I've never read either of those, but I think I can safely say that neither of them are me.

Kath said...

Oh dear! That's not good.
What I liked about this quiz actually is that is changes the questions you get based on your responses. So your last question was not the same as mine, others were probably different too.

I've never read the Sound and the Fury - but now I'm curious and might put it on my insanely long reading list.

Logan said...

Yeah, I know, I figured that out when I went back and changed my answer to the second to last question, which was "Do you like Oprah?"

So, not liking Oprah means I'm into freaky sex (the description for both of those books), but if you say that you do like Oprah, your last question is "Which is more interesting, Latin America or Africa?"

There's definitely a little bit of racism in there somewhere.

(By the way, the last thing it says for Lolita is "stay away from children." Weirdest quiz EVER.)

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to trying this one. Here's how I fared:


You're Loosely Based!
by Storey Clayton
While most people haven't heard of you, you're a really good and interesting person. Rather clever and witty, you crack a lot of jokes about the world around you. You do have a serious side, however, where your interest covers the homeless and the inequalities of society. You're good at bringing people together, but they keep asking you what your name means.

Pretty interesting I must say. Then I tried the presidential one . . .

How about Nader/Sanders.

Go figure, I am a registered Green after all.