Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday Sky slacker

I admit that I've really slacked off on the Saturday Sky.  I expect anyone who surfed the ring on Sunday looking for interesting sky pics has long since given up on me. When I first signed up it was fun, sharing lovely bits of the skies overhead with people from all over the world, and looking to see what their skies looked like on that same day.  It also gave me a good reason to get up and out of my house on the weekend, because I figured there's only so many times I can get away with taking the shot from my balcony!  But it's been a bit more challenging lately. You see, Mother Nature just hasn't been on my side in this endeavor. 

This is what the sky looked like on a Monday:



And this was a Tuesday:



A Wednesday:



And a Thursday:


But come the weekend our skies look like this:


A solid, cloudless light blue.  I know I can't complain and there are plenty who would envy me.  But it doesn't make for a very interesting photo does it?  In fact, that is a rectangle I drew in Photoshop and filled with red 102, green 153, blue 204.  But that's exactly what the sky looks like.

I think perhaps Mother Nature has a wicked sense of humor.  I mean, it's late October and I've had weather in the 80's how many times in the past few months?  So it's not a far reach to imagine that the gorgeous fluffy clouds and intensely colorful sunsets only happen during the week - and weekends just get the leftovers.

3 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

I like the first pic the best. I know what you mean about plain blue skies, I'd rather see clouds even if they're stormy ones. But that's just me. xxoo

Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, I don't know. I think it's a pretty sky. Come February, if you wouldn't mind posting those pictures again, I could probably use them. My mental health is usually waning a bit by then...

KnittingBlueContent said...

HAH! San Luis Obispo is alot like that too. Weekdays have better weather than weekends most times.

Maybe you can mix it up a bit - a bird in the sky, the sky from the water's edge . . . something?