Monday, October 27, 2008

U is for Unloved



As in - The Unloved Gifts Shop, Avalon's only thrift store, run by the Avalon Hospital Auxiliary.



I deliberately took this photo on one of the days that it was closed because during the few hours on the few days each week that it is open, the tiny store is usually packed with shoppers. Not just inside but also those browsing the double row of hanging clothes racks, book bins, and occasionally a holiday merchandise table, all clustered outside the door.  So you wouldn't be able to see anything except a mass of people!

This is where you go to drop off your unloved items - you name it, they've probably sold it.  If it's small enough to fit in the door, they'll take it.  And this is also the place where if, like me you are somewhat cheap thrifty, you will visit regularly to see what treasures you can find. 

2 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

I love "unloved" things. I try to go to our GoodWill SuperStore as often as possible. Wish I could visit your thrifty store too. xxoo

shelleycoughlin said...

That's a cool idea! Calling them unloved makes me want even the most unnecessary junk.