Friday, October 17, 2008

This is a test...

of the Emergency Posting System.  The author of the this blog, in cooperation with Blogger, has developed this system to keep you entertained in the event of an emergency.  If this had been an actual emergency, you would have received an engaging and informative post.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog reading.

The point of that silliness?  Well, this post and the one before it were actually written the night before they posted.  (Seriously - anyone who knows me at all isn't going to believe I actually wrote and posted anything of substance before 9:00am.)  I wanted to test out Blogger's post scheduling feature to see how well it works and if I could use it to my advantage. You see this is October, so next month is November, and that means....


Post every day, for the entire month of November.  That's all you have to do. Doesn't sound that hard does it?  It's not like trying to write a whole novel, or knit an entire sweater, in just one month. (Although I've heard some wacky folks are giving those ideas a whirl.)  Just post to your own blog every day, for one month.

I did it last year and succeeded.  Didn't win any prizes but I did get the sweet satisfaction of knowing that for once in my life something I started turned out the way I wanted it to.  Oh, and I got me a cute little button to stick in my sidebar.  I like buttons. And mine has a kitty on it. I like kitties.  Double the goodness there.

For me, the big challenge is the few days of the month when I go over to the mainland to take exams for school.  There aren't as many boats running this time of the year, so quite often in order to take just a single 1-2 hour exam I have to leave my home before 7:30am and I don't get back until close to 7:30pm. I know, big whoops to those who commute for work every day, but I've just never been one of those long commute kinda people.  So when I get home from the 12 hours away I am beat.  And completely brainless. (Did I mention the point of the trip was to take an exam?) There are also those days when my life is just so completely frigging boring that absolutely nothing of interest to the outside world has occurred and I figure there are only so many times I can get away with "look how cute my kitty/her doggy/this bug is" posts.

So I came up with a Plan.  Now, while I have the brain space and the time, before the pressure of NaBloPoMo is upon me, I will "prep" a few posts and save them in draft.  Hopefully, they will be interesting enough that you, dear reader, will not notice when I have pulled one of these out of my pocket and utilized the Emergency Posting System.  I think the ability to set up a post the night before and schedule it to post the next day is going to save my bacon on those times I'm gone all day and be a significant factor in the success of the Emergency Posting System.

So I think I'm going to give this a shot again.  Maybe this year I can do better than just a button.  A tee shirt would be nice, or perhaps a sweatshirt.

What about you, are you in?

1 comment:

Harbor Hon said...

This was a fantastic post. I really enjoyed it! You are so fun and have so many things to share with us.

Can't wait to see if you can post every day this year. I don't know if I'll be able to post everyday because the big "C" is just around the corner and I have so much to do to get ready for it.

Thanks for coming to visit while we were honoring the memory of our Pop. xxoo