Saturday, December 13, 2008

How could I not have known about this?

Since I'm basically doing the equivalent of home-schooling myself to a college degree, and I'm doing it alone, I have become the Queen of Flashcards. As I've mentioned in the past, most of what I'm studying my friends and family don't really want to hear about and/or are completely sick of hearing about, so I use flashcards to study.  Definitions of key terms, assignments, quizzes, practice exams - all of these are sources of material to copy onto index cards, which are then reviewed and reviewed and reviewed - until I'm sick of them too.  I go through stacks of index cards. But it works for me.

So how could I not have known about this site?  My peeps, I have found you at last! I signed up for the freebie account that allows you to access flashcards already created online and make your own, but since the full account lets you also print, export and create audio files for only $20, I think this could be a worthwhile investment! Especially since it looks like it could save me a fair amount of time and effort. In just a few searches I found card files others created when preparing for some of the same exams I'll be taking in the upcoming months.

After finishing Statistics (with a B thankyouverymuch!) I no longer have any classes required by my major and only 2 upper level courses needed, which hopefully will be satisfied by a couple of independent study classes, one already started and the other starting as soon as the books arrive.  Besides that I need to finish the Spanish class I started (and regret taking) and then all I have left is a stack of lower level credits to chew through.  My plan for that is to use an assortment of Dantes and CLEP exams. Pick a subject exam, get approval from my advisor, memorize a shitload of flashcards, take exam and BANG...3  lower level units done.  Then I just do it over and over and watch the light at the end of the tunnel get bigger and brighter!

As in the past, ending here with an end of the day Saturday Sky:



5 comments:

D said...

Red sky at night,
sailor's delight . . .

Who say's you can't have beautiful sunsets facing east?!?!?!

KnittingBlueContent said...

Congratulations on your B in Statistics, woman!!

If flashcards are the answer to your scholastic endeavors, then I say $20 is well worth it :grin:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the statistics course! Thank you for the flashcards site. So brilliant!

Harbor Hon said...

Congrats on the great grade! You are such a smart girl and I bow to your scholastic prowess. Love when you post the Saturday skies. xxoo

Sheepish Annie said...

I started on that flashcard site last year when I was starting to learn gaelic. They have cards for everything!!!

Congrats on that B! I don't think I could have gotten a Q. Or a Z...