Monday, December 15, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays

Do not suck in the slightest if you don't actually HAVE to go anywhere. Perhaps this is the payback for all those years of slogging out on stormy mornings, putt-puttting to work in an open golf cart through the pounding rain, just to huddle over a space heater in a cold office until the need for a bathroom required going back outside and getting drenched again.

I realize how fortunate I am to be able to spend the morning lingering in a warm bed with an equally warm kitty, a second cup of coffee and knitting. Yes, I am blessed.  I know it and I DO appreciate it. Tomorrow, I'll tell you what I was knitting on.

2 comments:

Knit with it said...

We love rainy days. They are so calm and quiet, and I'm surprised to still feel that way after commuting for a year to SF (often) in the rain.

Our *really* rainy day was Sunday, which was fantastic. I took the opportunity to get M to go out and do something with his weekend, and we drove up to Pacifica to scout out apartments and houses because we plan on moving there in March.

It was beautiful. We'll likely be a block or two from the beach, with a view of it, and just minutes from trails to hike. The rain made the trip spectacular. I love this time of year. :)

Harbor Hon said...

We had really icy rain today. I want snow! This is not Christmasy weather at all!

Love your mini you in her rain gear. So cute! :) xxoo