Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Christmas Wish

I've never been fond of traditional Christmas carols, for some reason they just don't bring out the warm fuzzy feelings in me like they seem to do for others. And the way Christmas music is relentlessly played on every radio station and in every opportunity for the entire month of December genuinely drives me batshit. I have an old Celtic Christmas CD that I find appealing and listen to that instead, along with a few new tunes that have caught my interest.

Earlier today I was at a friend's house, visiting with his cat while he visits his family far away over the Christmas holiday.  Standing in his home I'm surrounded by reminders how dissimilar we are, and thinking again about the lengths we will go to in our efforts to maintain a friendship, finding a common ground despite our differences. And one of those more recent holiday songs came to mind:

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Merry Christmas, Kath! I'm glad that, in spite of the differences and the distances, we became bloggy friends!

Harbor Hon said...

You are such a rebel and I love that about you! You share some great music I wouldn't otherwise hear too. Glad we 'hooked' up through the blogosphere. xxoo

Mia said...

so funny about the music - i was at the Hallmark store this morning - the christmas tunes came on - the managers says to the casher "I think we can cut that crap off now".

Okey dokey then!