Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When you own a pickup truck...

You are spend a fair amount of time moving other people's possessions.  And if you own a dolly or handtruck, and happen to be in reasonably decent physical condition, you are even more in demand.

So that's what I'm doing this week.  Today I drove a pickup truck & hauled boxes to Catalina Freight Line. Tomorrow I'll get on a boat and head across the channel to do the same thing on the other side. Depending on how it goes over there, I might get to do more moving of boxes again the next day. Doesn't that sound like fun? Yeah, I know you're jealous. Don't hate me...just pass the Extra-Strength Tylenol and I'll see ya in a couple days.

5 comments:

KnittingBlueContent said...

Moving off or on an island has to be exponentially more exacerbating than moving in general, and moving in general is The Suck!

You are a good friend, or they are a person with some good bribes, lol!

Mia said...

HEy, it beats sittin' home in a blizzard *grin*

Note to self: Never buy a pickup :)

Ellen Bloom said...

You are way toooo kind!

We own a little pickup truck too. After I turned a certain age (40), I told my friends that I was no longer going to help them move. I would be happy to contribute to their fund for hiring professional movers.

Like April said...I hope there are some good bribes in the mix!

Anonymous said...

You are acquiring moving kharma so that when you have to move all of the people you are helping now will help you.

Harbor Hon said...

You're such a good friend to coordinate all this. I hope they treat you to a REALLY nice dinner after all is said and done. Just be careful not to lift anything too heavy, ok? Are you taking your knitting with you? xxoo