Friday, May 1, 2009

We just gotta do somethin' about these bad days

What is that line from? I can't remember. But it's true.

I had one of my random, senseless insomnia attacks last night so after only about 4 hours sleep I woke up feeling really ragged and hollow.  But I staggered out of bed and into the shower, moving gamely forward into the day because I had Things To Do and Good Things Were Going to Happen Today.

Well I got my stuff done. But the rest? This was a day in which absolutely none of the good things scheduled happened, and instead the bad things we never expected did. Okay, I'm gonna get through this and move forward, I'll keep walking past the open windows. But. BUT. This is the second time in a row I've ended the week with a truly crap ass Friday. FFS - as some point, you just gotta stop and say, "check please!"

So I have declared tomorrow to be Emergency Pajama Day. Yep, that's right, I am going to spend the entire day in my pajamas. Not leaving the house, not even taking a shower. I might, and I said might, change to fresh pajamas at some point, but I'm not making any promises. Like I said earlier, I got all my stuff done, so I have food, beverages, books, movies, knitting, and miscellaneous projects to entertain myself and absolutely no reason to go anywhere. And besides, between two cruise ships in port tomorrow and the Conservancy Ball at night the town - along with the streets, stores, and harbor - will be overflowing. You could go somewhere, but it'll take you awhile to get there.

It's a plan - Emergency Pajama Day is on. Wanna join me? 

8 comments:

April (ajdury @ravelry) said...

Ooh, Honey. You called a "State of Emergency Pajamas" right in the nick of time.

I had a moment of complete CrazyPants earlier, when I told The Mike I might should want to go fishing at the local college's pond at Dark Freak'n:Thirty tomorrow a.m.

Thank You SO much for getting me out it. Now I can declare this time the perfect observance:

"Emergency Pajama Day".

You're on to something, sistah. And that something is GOOD! Home + Pajamas = Nothing Shall Go Wrong.

I got your pj'd back, if you have mine :grin:

Logan said...

Ugh, wish I could...

Ellen Bloom said...

Yup! For me, it's Pajama Morning. I NEVER get to stay home until 3pm. I'll be with you, in my p.j.'s, cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, crocheting, watching TV, until I have to get dressed later today...by 3pm. It will be a good morning.

Pat said...

I never seem to win the lottery on schedule either. Why won't the universe respect my agenda?
Sounds like you deserve pajama day.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm in! I won't shower either. :)

Sheepish Annie said...

An emergency pj day sounds like just the thing. I should schedule a few of those for this coming week. I have a baaaad feeing about it. I wonder if I can wear my pj's to work...

Harbor Hon said...

I'm in on the EPD as I've been in mine all day today. Coughing my head off still. Wish I could shake this thing quicker. I think the fact that it's raining and chilly might have something to do with it. We've had rain every day since I got back from the hospital. Got the heaters on tonight too.

A day in the jammies is better than dealing with a city full of people. Take care of you. xxoo

Mia said...

Oh girl, i would SO join you. I sure wish it could be today... but instead, as of this minute - I'm declaring the entire upcoming weekend Emergency Pajama Day. with booze.

And i so understand those long nights.. you should call me.. I'm usually awake.