Monday, May 4, 2009

Emergency PJ Day Update

Yup - I did it.  And I'm here to report that Emergency Pajama Day was a complete success! I spent the entire ding dang day in my jammies and never left the property.  I ventured outside to my balcony, and the patio downstairs and trash can area, but that's as far as I got.  I'll admit I briefly flirted with the idea of putting on sweats and and dropping off an old computer at the HazMat dump, but thankfully the sky was overcast and the thought of a slow trip putt-putting over the hill is less appealing when the sun isn't shining, so it never happened.

I was not a complete slug.  Actually I think I was quite productive.  All sorts of postponed projects and household tasks received my attention, it's quite amazing what you can accomplish when you don't waste any time making yourself presentable and never leave the house.  And the mental health benefits? Huuuuuuuuuuggge.  Really. After that one day off, I got up Sunday morning feeling incredibly refreshed and ready to tackle whatever life had in store for me next.

So - if you've never had a Pajama Day, you just gotta try it. And as for me - I'm going to do it more often!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero! Who do we have to contact/bribe/cajole to get this as some sort of a internationally recognized medial necessity? ;)

Mia said...

I do believe I will have myself a pajama day today based on that fine recommendation!

and so what if it's the middle of the week?

Sheepish Annie said...

Pajama day can be most productive, I find. If you aren't dressed to go anywhere, then you can focus on stuff that needs doing right at home.

And if you need an emergency nap, then you're all set!

Harbor Hon said...

Hurray for EPJD! We need those more often. Love the new mini me by the way. You always seem to make her look exactly like you. What fun! Wish I could look at a slice of the ocean too. xxoo