Sunday, November 23, 2008

I got nothin'

Truly.  I appear to be going through a troubling phase, one that is particularly notable for its shortage of functioning brain cells.  I don't think it has anything to do with NaBloPoMo and the pressure of daily posting, but I do think that the need to post every day has pointed out the problem and made it darn near impossible to hide.

I think this phase has more to do with the head cold I struggled with, studying for exams, and only leaving my home for the absolute essentials (mail, groceries, etc.).  It's entirely possible that the first two may have led to the third, but I'm willing to admit that my own sheer laziness is also to blame.  And obviously if I don't get my butt up and out of the house, there's a limit to the available blog material! How much do you really want to know about the tiny details of my life? Not that much!

But I wasn't kidding about my brain dead status.  It's even bled over into the knitting.  I still haven't frogged those bee-yoo-tee-full blue socks that had me swearing a blue streak, simply because I would need to focus attention on how tight they are, how much more ease is needed, and how to accomplish that while still maintaining the pattern.  The other socks in progress already showed themselves to require more attention to their stitch pattern than expected, clearly now is not the time to renew our acquaintance. But it seems odd not to have a sock project to work on, especially with an upcoming trip to the mainland.  One round trip boat is at least two hours of knitting time, even more if you include time spent just waiting to get on the boat. There's nothing I can do about it now, obviously I'll be knitting on my Palindrome hat this trip.  But while I'm over there I might just see if I can pick up another skein of self-patterning yarn.  Because I really like how well the last pair turned out and if there was ever a time for simple stockinette socks, this is it.

No comments: